Know How to post on instagram from desktop
Table of Contents
- 1 Post on Instagram from desktop
- 2 Why post on Instagram?
- 3 Tips post on Instagram from desktop
- 4 How to post on Instagram from desktop – Google and Mac
- 5 How to post in Instagram from desktop using third-party apps
- 6 Conclusion
- 7 FAQ
- 8 Can I post on Instagram from my computer?
- 9 How do I upload photos to Instagram from desktop?
- 10 How do I post something on Instagram from my computer?
- 11 Is there a desktop app for Instagram?
Want to know How to post on Instagram from desktop? Well, we have this article ready just for you. Posting photos and memories on social media is a common thing now. Although posting the entire thing from mobile phones is much easier, many people do not realise it can be done similarly from desktop and PCs as well.
All you will need is a set of instructions to begin from, and this article will elaborate on various such instructions.
Post on Instagram from desktop
Many people are sceptical about posting from desktops on social media, mainly because they do not find the correct way to do so, or they have not tried it before. Influential companies and Instagram influencers, make most of their social media posts on Instagram using their laptops or desktops.
From editing to cropping and more. You can use all sorts of tools on the gram and your device before posting it on Instagram. The process followed to do so is also very simple and no rocket science. The user only needs to realise what platform does he/she has to access, and that is it. For, How to post on Instagram from desktop, there are a lot to know before you get started.
If you have a question, why upload a picture on Instagram from a desktop? Well, for people a traditional DSLR camera is the top choice for photography. The process for uploading DSLR quality photos to Instagram in itself is a workaround.
One needs to edit the photos, then upload photos from PC to google drive or google photos, then download them to your phone, then upload them on Instagram. It is such a hassle! But with technology as your rescue, the task should not be a hassle, it should be jovial.
Why post on Instagram?
Instagram is a fun place to stay on, and post videos and photographs and whatnot. Although the fact is, Instagram is not for everyone! If you decide to co-operate with social networks, you need to know about the platform firstly.
Everything matters on social networks when you want to grow on Instagram. The frequency at which to post, the content you post, using correct hashtags, using attractive captions, and more.
Nowadays people have become intrigued and conscious about the content that goes up on social media. Anything that hurts the sentiments is out of the way. Anything in the trend, from challenges to reposting, follows.
So, if you want to master this game of social network and want to stay active, the rules need to be followed. You should always go by the guidelines and make sure you understand the platform.
Tips post on Instagram from desktop
On Instagram, there are certain details that one needs to focus upon. Starting by what frequency you follow to post, to what hashtags you use to do the same. Here are some points you can consider before posting on Instagram:
- Frequency of posting
Never post more than one picture in a day. A few times in situations like birthdays, vacation, this can be more than once. Do not flood your profile and others feed with your posts. It can get irritating.
People enjoy using filters on Instagram. Hence you get to choose from a range of filters by different creators. You can glow up a picture with a good filter, and post it. Therefore, filters constitute to a more fun and jovial part of a using Instagram for How to post on Instagram from desktop.
With a hashtag, receive two-times as much engagement as post otherwise, would get which is a proven fact! Any post is incomplete without any hashtags. Hence adding hashtags to posts is a great way of expanding your influence on Instagram. Make relevant and memorable hashtags for other groups of tweets like the ones related to a specific campaign your running.
- Get verified on Instagram
Social media is all about creating relevant and collaborative. You can apply to make get your Instagram profile verified depending on the size of the company and industry you are into. Instagram proclaims they only accept requests for accounts verification if you are in, music, fashion, politics, government, religion, journalism, media, sports, business, and other fields of interest.
If Instagram accepts your request and verifies your profile, a badge with a blue ticker check-mark will appear next to your handle name. This symbolizes an original verified account. Being verified, customers believe in your product much easier and this is beneficial for Instagram marketing.
- Build your followers base
The stronger follower base you have, the better for your Instagram. On Instagram, you get better chances of improving brand awareness and direct more traffic onto your website when you build your follower count on Instagram marketing.
This can be done by ensuring that your content is shareable, hashtags are unique, linked with influencers, links your Instagram on your profile, and more. Interacting with your current followers can also be an option, and reposting their content, so they are more likely to do the same.
How to post on Instagram from desktop – Google and Mac
Here you will find different ways to post from PC or your Mac in simple methods.
How post on Instagram form google chrome
If you have access to chrome, you can post easily from here as well. All you need again is to follow the following steps.
- Go to instragram.com from your chrome browser.
- Go to settings of your browser, and by tapping the 3 dots on the upper right, access more tools then developers’ tools.
- You will see a developer’s window popping up, for chrome. This window will help you to test and debug their websites and apps. Here we shall make use of them for Instagram.
- Tap the mobile button. Then select which mobile interface you would want to like to use it on.
- Refresh the page and you will then see the mobile interface on your browser. You will now be able to post easily on Instagram from your desktop as you from your phone.
How to post on Instagram from mac
On mac, you have the provision of posting media, from chrome browser or the default browser of mac which is safari. Here is all you need to do for the same,
- open Instagram.com on the safari browser.
- Go to preferences menu.
- Then click advanced. Check the box right next to show develop menu in menu bar. The developed menu will appear at the top menu bar now.
- In the develop menu will now appear at the top menu bar. In the develop menu, click user agent, then choose which mobile interface you would want to see it in.
- The web page will refresh and now you can upload posts onto Instagram from your mac, the way you normally would with the mobile device.
How to post in Instagram from desktop using third-party apps
Hootsuite platform allows users to post on Instagram from desktop options of either PC or Mac. And it is much easier. Here is all that you need to,
- Log in to your Hootsuite dashboard. Create an account, sign in if you do not have it already. From the dashboard, click on the green new post button at the top.
- The new post window shall appear. Under post to, select the account of Instagram where you wish to post the content.
Select the image/video that you wish to post on Instagram in the media section. You cannot post to Instagram images that are more than one on Hootsuite at the same time as of now.
Once you are done selecting media, add a caption in the text section as well as any hashtags you want to use. You can choose other locations to post on at the bottom section.
Using hopper HQ
To know how to post on Instagram from desktop, here’s what you need to know. One can also post photos and videos on Instagram from a desktop by using a hopper. Here is all you need to do,
- Make an account with hopper HQ and log into your account dashboard.
- On the dashboard click on my posts in the top left corner. Through this, you will be taken to a window where you can upload 50 photos/videos at a time. Then, to post on Instagram from PC or Mac with hopper HQ, you will be able to upload files from your devices, Dropbox, google drive, google photos, URL, or search.
If your images are not correct in size for Instagram, you will see it through an alert and be taken to the photo editor. This way you can edit photos and set dimensions for portrait and landscape. You want can be made
- Once you have edited the post, you can add captions and hashtags. You can select “post now”, schedule a time, or save it for later as draft. Now your saved photos and videos will appear in the dashboard. Any changes you want can be made easily and then posted.
Using blue stacks
Blue stacks are the most efficient methods, to post on Instagram, by simply allowing it to use the mobile app on the desktop without any additional features such as big uploads or many accounts:
- Once you open Instagram, the platform interfacing will change to the required dimensions one, similar to an android app. This will be in equation to changing the user agent on chrome.
- This gives clear access to post on Instagram from PC or Mac. Instagram works on blue stacks in a similar manner as it does on mobile. Therefore, this serves as an alternative to changing the user agent on your browser.
- Here users can also edit posts, and share to other social networks.
Making posts on Instagram is amazing, and everyone loves it. Although it can be a platform, where you do not know how to create an influence. For many people who are innovators and lovemaking and posting content on Instagram, this guide speaks about all those prospects. This is How to post on Instagram from desktop.
You can easily use any of the available sites, and platforms to make a post from your desktop, that is as simple as doing it from your mobile phone. So, go ahead and make use of the best platforms and enjoy making posts on Instagram!
Can I post on Instagram from my computer?
To post on Instagram from your PC, you need to have Google Chrome. If you don't have Chrome, download it from here. You'll be able to post multiple images, videos, as well as a mix of both from here. There's also a host of third party apps you can use to post on Instagram via your PC, such as BlueStacks App Player.
How do I upload photos to Instagram from desktop?
Click the 'Gallery' drop-down menu at the top left and select 'Other', then click 'Pick from Windows'. Find the photo you want to upload, select it and click 'Open'. You can now crop the picture, add filters and a caption, and share it with your followers via all the usual social networks.
How do I post something on Instagram from my computer?
To post a photo, click the camera icon at the bottom, then select Gallery. Click the “Gallery” drop-down menu at the top left and select “Pick from Windows”. Find the photo you want to upload and click Open.
Is there a desktop app for Instagram?
Use the Instagram for Windows Desktop App The Instagram for Windows desktop app works the same as the web version. You can't post photos or videos, but you can view posts, like and comment, and follow and unfollow users.