LinkedIn optimization – All tips and tricks you need in 2020
Table of Contents
- 1 What is LinkedIn?
- 2 LinkedIn optimisation for professional communication
- 3 LinkedIn optimisation for boosting traffic
- 4 LinkedIn Optimisation through Banner Size
- 5 LinkedIn optimisation through profile picture
- 6 LinkedIn optimisation tips
- 7 LinkedIn optimisation through Background Image
- 8 LinkedIn optimisation through your career page
- 9 LinkedIn optimisation through company logo
- 10 Final thoughts
- 11 FAQ
- 12 How do I optimize a post on LinkedIn?
- 13 How many LinkedIn likes is good?
What is LinkedIn?
LinkedIn is a social site that is mostly used by professionals to grow their network, find career opportunities like jobs and internships and to enhance their skills. Likewise, Employers and Recruiters use LinkedIn to find and connect with potential professionals and to share Content about their companies and therefore you must use strategies for LinkedIn optimisation to help your account reach professionals.
LinkedIn profile is the beginning of a potential employer’s or employee’s assessment of a person. Along with skills and credentials in curriculum vitae, visuals are also needed to make the profile more unique and different. LinkedIn requires different dimensions for personal profiles, for business and company pages.
LinkedIn optimisation for professional communication
This is a professional network that allows users to build credibility, to create a meaningful network, and glean insider expertise from established experts in the industry. It is a valuable tool in the social marketing network.
LinkedIn marketing is the process of using LinkedIn to make connections, generate leads, improve brand awareness, foster business partnerships, share content, and drive traffic directly to the website, identify quality leads, share expertise through the content. A great way to market job openings and attract new talent to the companies. All the above makes LinkedIn an ideal platform for all businesses to market through.
LinkedIn optimisation for boosting traffic
Social media is one of the best ways when it comes to marketing. LinkedIn is a great choice for a marketer to promote Profile/Brand/Business to get greater results other social media websites and platforms.
LinkedIn is no different than any other means of marketing but better choice for Professionals. Users should learn how to strategize and how to optimize their Profile in order to get relevant traffic. The LinkedIn banner size is taken into considerations so that your profile can be appeared on the search engine results.
Some of the most effective options to increase traffic are:
- Optimizing Profile
- Joining relevant groups
- Create a business page
- Publishing Consistently
- Republishing of Content
LinkedIn Optimisation through Banner Size
LinkedIn banner size is the prime advertising space and can be edited easily. The profiles with graphics are more viewed and given preferences in comparison to other profiles. LinkedIn provides users with There are a number of options for standard-use banners which LinkedIn provides to its users, although users can create their own for their profiles to stand out.
Users should remember the following rules for LinkedIn Banner:
- LinkedIn banner size can be larger or smaller but should always maintain a 129:8 aspect ratio.
- The recommended LinkedIn Banner size is 1,584 x 396 pixels
- LinkedIn Banner should have a maximum file size of 4 megabytes.
- A ratio of 129:8 aspect should be maintained
- PNG, JPG, and GIF file types for cover photos are accepted by LinkedIn
How to change banner size
- Users should go their Profile.
- Click on the Edit Profile option
- Click on the Add background photo.
- Users can Edit their Background images anytime.
LinkedIn optimisation through profile picture
How to add or change Profile Image in LinkedIn?
- Click on the Me icon located at the top of LinkedIn homepage and click on the View profile
- Click on the Camera Icon/Profile Photo in the introduction panel.
From the Add photo pop-up window:
- Users can take a photo or can upload a photo.
In the Edit Photo pop-up window:
- Click on the Save Photo option.
- Your Profile Photo is set.
- Users can also change their Profile Photo anytime.
Users should no some elements related to their LinkedIn Profile Image:
- The image should be of you.
- Avoid using an Informal Image.
- It should be of high quality.
- Do not use a cropped part image.
- The image must be a close-up headshot.
- It should not violate LinkedIn policies.
Users can collect feedback of their profile photo on how people see them as:
LinkedIn optimisation tips
- Avoid using a passport photo or serious-looking photo.
- Figure out who and what are you representing
- Keep an eye on your posture in the Image you’re going to is
- Make sure that your expressions are in line
- Make sure that your face fills in the frame.
- Extra check your filters.
- Do not use a distracting background.
- Be relaxed and confident.
LinkedIn optimisation through Background Image
Background images are optional for LinkedIn profiles, but using them can help the users in growing their Business, Brands, or Company. Users can also use a simple Background Image, of a Skyline, an Abstract Image or a coloured Image to fill in the Background.
How to add or change LinkedIn Background Image?
- Users should click on the Me icon at the top of LinkedIn homepage and then click on the view profile. After doing this, click on the add profile section button,
- Click on the Edit icon in the top-right corner.
- In the Edit intro pop-up window, you can select an Image to upload it. While selecting make sure that your image fits the dimension requirements by using the in-built cropping tool.
- Background Image can be changed anytime.
One can give their profile a personal touch by uploading their own Image, a cause or a picture of depicting user’s work. Following are ideas for LinkedIn optimisation through background images:
Ideas for LinkedIn optimisation through background images
Users can either put their workspace image or can use one from the Internet. Make sure the Image is copyright/royalty free Image.
- Brand Name
If you own a business or a brand you can showcase it on your LinkedIn Background. Users can market their own business very easily through this.
- Showcasing Product/Service
Users can showcase their Product/Service through LinkedIn. Customers or Clients are attracted and the Product/Service is marketed more. If one is associated with a clothing line, they should use an Image of people dressed in their clothing.
An Architect can use a Background Image of buildings they’ve worked on in their Background Photo.
- Photograph Depicting User’s Work
Users can also use Images that are depicting their work like Content Writing, Sales Management, Human Resources and others.
- Abstract Images
Users can also use Abstract or Simpler Images giving their LinkedIn profile a simple but classy look.
LinkedIn optimisation through your career page
The Jobs Tab allows all the members to search for employment opportunities with the user’s organizations. It also creates Job alerts for newly posted roles on LinkedIn. Members can also see jobs recommended for them as well as employees who currently occupy the role when a Career Page is added to the user’s LinkedIn profile page.
How to edit the career page for LinkedIn optimisation?
- Editing the Life tab of your Page
- Editing the What We Do tab of Search and Staffing Page.
- Editing the Jobs Tab.
- Customizing LinkedIn Images on Career Pages.
The Life Tab allows the users to a look into an organisation’s culture and employee life. It helps in conveying a genuine perspective for the company. Users can create a customized experience for the viewers/audience that is based on their LinkedIn profiles.
The Life Tab allows users to attract talents or interest in the Profile or Company by highlighting unique content that gives the visitors an idea of the activities and skills. This tab requires an eye-catching image with the recommended size of 1128 pixels wide by 376 pixels tall.
How to Edit the life Tab for LinkedIn optimisation?
- Users should Sign in to their Page Admin Centre and then click on the Career Pages tab at the top of the page
- Select Life or What We Do from the drop-down that appears.
- Click on the Create New Page in the upper right corner.
- Users should Complete the fields in the Target audience settings pop-up
- In Settings the targeting tool will automatically show how many viewers are being targeted on the right side of the page. This Estimated Target Audience is the number of potential LinkedIn visitors who can view the page that users are creating.
- If the settings creates a narrow audience, remove some targeting criteria to broaden the scope. By using Confirm your Target module on the right side of the page the candidate that users will like to target can be identified. If the candidates targeted are based on the users current settings, they will appear on the Targeted tab.
- Now click on the Save and Create page.
Preview, Save, and Publish
- Previewing the page allow users to view a member preview of the page. By clicking on Back to Edit mode users can go back from the preview page and can save or publish the edits.
- Saving the edits creates a draft of the page without publishing the edits. The previously published version of the page will remain as it is.
- Publishing your edits will make your edits public and will replace the previously published version of the page.
LinkedIn optimisation through company logo
Creating a Company Page
- Users should have a personal profile before creating a company page.
- Sign in the personal profile.
- The Menu Bar appears, Click on ‘Companies’.
- Click on the ‘Add a Company’ link.
- Enter the details.
Adding a Standard Logo
- Visit the Company Page by signing into the personal profile.
- Click on the ‘Admin Tools’ link. Then click on the ‘Edit’ option.
- Click on the ‘Add Logo’ on the ‘Standard Logo’ heading.
Add a Square Logo
- Locate the ‘Square Logo’ heading and click on the ‘Add Logo’.
- Select JPG, GIF file for the Logo.
- All is done.
The standard logo will be on the company page itself and will be larger than the square logo.
The current maximum upload size of the logo is 400 x 400 pixels, and the minimum size is 300 x 300 pixels. The maximum file size is 4 MB.
Logo is an important part of the Company Profile because it is what shows up when users search for the Company. Logo also appears on the staff profiles of the company. Employers of the company thus should add the Company Logo to their Profiles
so that it reaches to a wider audience. For your LinkedIn banner size, this is the size which is regularly optimised.
If the company doesn’t have a LinkedIn Page, no company logo will be shown. If a Page is created for the company after the creation or user’s position, the user must edit the position and select the company from the dropdown list in order to display the logo.
Optimizing your own Linked banner size is not really a deal which has hard thoughts to think over.
And with this ultimate guide, you know what are the tips and tricks for optimizing a good banner.
How do I optimize a post on LinkedIn?
If you want to maximize your LinkedIn post reach, go for a text-based content without links Write a relatable story anchored on a LinkedIn-initiated hashtag. Craft an all-text version of your article. Share some quick tips targeted at your intended audience. Start a poll and ask your network to tag other people to the post
How many LinkedIn likes is good?
You should work out a strategy to re-energise your content and engage with your followers again. - For the reach- and impression-based measurement method, a 2% LinkedIn engagement rate is also considered good, and an above 2% engagement rate means you are doing great